Special Programs for Kids & Teens
Baby Bookworms Storytime
- Interactive storytimes for babies and toddlers who aren't quite ready for a traditional storytime. We explore songs and stories, then have social play time.
- Mondays at 10:30am: 0-18 months
- Mondays at 11:15am: 12-24 months
SuperCrafts!: Mondays at 3:30pm (begins June 15th)
- Superhero themed craft activities for ages 5+. Seating is limited, tickets are available at the kids desk starting at 3:00pm.
6/15 Decorate a cape
6/22 Make a mask
6/29 Comic book cuffs
7/6 Skyscraper scene
7/13 Pipe Cleaner Ninjas
7/20 Superhero Bookmarks
7/27 Superhero Bracelets
8/3 Superhero Lollipops
SPARK Homeschooling Group: First Tuesday of each month at 10:30am
Engaging side-by-side learning activities for parents and children of ages 2-10 - if interested and needing more information please visit our group site at http://homeschool-life.com/tx/spark
Storytime & Craft: Tuesdays at 6:00pm & 7:00pm
6/9 Letter S Snake
- A storytime followed by a simple craft activity for families with kids of all ages. Seating is limited, tickets are available at the kids desk 30 minutes prior to program.
6/16 Helping Hands Wreath
6/23 Hero Medal
6/30 Coffee Filter Earth
7/7 Superhero Puppet
7/14 Boo-boo Butterflies
7/21 Speedy Firetruck
8/4 School Bus
Arts & Crafts: Wednesdays at 6:00pm
6/10 Fancy starfish or sunflower sunglasses
- Create one-of-a-kind artistic creations with Miss Dianne. Ages 8+ or with an adult. Seating is limited, tickets are available at the kids desk starting at 5:30pm.
6/17 Make a Father's Day card
6/24 Wine cork charms/pendants
7/1 Make parade flags for July 4th
7/8 Exploding paintings
7/15 Superhero standouts
7/22 3D coral reefs
7/29 Old time feather drawings
8/5 Make a Shark
Toddler & Preschool Storytimes
- Traditional storytimes, intended for toddlers and preschoolers who can sit quietly and listen to 2-3 picture books.
- Fridays at 10:30am: Toddlers 18-36 months
- Fridays at 11:15am: Preschoolers 3-6 years
Bow Wow Reading Dogs (ages 5+):
Fridays 7/03 - 8/14 from 12:00pm-1:00pm
- Kids can practice reading to a reading therapy dog at the library! Ages 5 & up. Sessions are assigned on a first-come basis.
Saturday Storytime (all ages): Saturdays at 11:00am
LEGO Lab: Saturdays from 12:30-1:30pm (begins June 20th) Free-play with LEGOs for kids ages 5 and up.
Superhero Movie Days!
No registration. In the large meeting room.
- June 20th at 2:00pm - The Avengers (PG-13)
- July 18th at 2:00pm - Guardians of the Galaxy (PG-13)
- August 1st at 2:00pm - Iron Man (PG-13)
YA 4ever Book Club
A book club for tweens, teens, and adults to discuss popular Young Adult novels.
- June 17th at 6:00pm - Paper Towns by John Green
- July 15th at 6:00pm - The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey
- August 19th at 6:00pm - I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
Library Resources for Kids
All Wells Branch Community Library users now have access to TumbleBooks - Free, streaming e-books for kids. No log in required, just click the image above or this link: http://www.tumblebooks.com/library/auto_login.asp?U=wellsbranchclib&P=libra
Library programs are sponsored in part by the Friends of the Wells Branch Community Library.
Connect with the Wells Branch Community Library: