Programs for Adults
Library programs aren't just storytimes for kids...
Learn to use the library's free language learning subscription service, Mango. Over twenty languages are available with step-by-step instructions and pronunciation aids. No need to sign up in advance -- just show up!
- Wednesday, May 1, 6pm
- Wednesday, June 5, 6pm
- Wednesday, July 3, 6pm
- Wednesday, August 7, 6pm
We have e-books and audio books available for immediate download at home to your computer and personal device (Barnes & Noble Nook, Amazon Kindle, iPhone, iPad, etc). We'll teach you how to navigate the program, and we'll have some devices on hand to play with, if you're considering purchasing one. If you've already got a device, feel free to bring it.
- Wednesday, May 15, 6pm
- Wednesday, June 19, 6pm
- Wednesday, July 17, 6pm
- Wednesday, August 21, 6pm
Interested in learning more about websites like Facebook and Twitter? Come to our workshop and we’ll talk about social media – what it is, how to use it, and how to keep yourself safe!
- Saturday, May 11, 1pm
- Saturday, June 8, 1pm
- Saturday, July 13, 1pm
- Saturday, August 10, 1pm
- Saturday, May 4, 10:30am -- Excel Basics
- Wednesday, May 8, 6pm -- Internet Basics
- Saturday, May 18, 10:30am -- Excel Intermediate
- Wednesday, May 22, 6pm -- Email Basics
- Wednesday, May 29, 6pm -- Word Basics
- Saturday, 6/8, 10:30am -- Resume Workshop
- Wednesday, 6/12, 6pm -- Computer Basics
- Saturday, 6/15, 10:30am -- PowerPoint Basics
- Wednesday, 6/26, 6pm -- Excel Basics
- Saturday, 7/6, 10:30am -- PowerPoint Intermediate
- Wednesday, 7/10, 6pm -- Excel Intermediate
- Saturday, 7/20, 10:30am -- Resume Workshop
- Wednesday, 7/24, 6pm -- Internet Basics
- Saturday, 8/3, 10:30am -- Excel Basics
- Wednesday, 8/14, 6pm -- Word Basics
- Saturday, 8/17, 10:30am -- Excel Intermediate
- Wednesday, 8/28, 6pm -- HTML Basics
Interested in learning to knit? Come to our new Knitting Group! Our instructor will help you work on a beginning project. The Library will provide needles and yarn.
- Thursday, May 16, 6:30pm
- Thursday, June 20, 6:30pm
- Thursday, July 18, 6:30pm
- Thursday, August 15, 6:30pm
Wine, Women, and Words:
1st Thursday of the month, 7pm
This group has been meeting for over a decade. Newcomers are always welcome, whether you've read the book or not! This group is mostly women who love to read a variety of books. We get together monthly to discuss the book selected by a group member but communicate by email between times. We try to explore our books, look at websites, attend a movie, opera, or live preview, share a glass of wine and munch on the exotic or mundane. We sometimes start discussions with reading guides. Our meetings are the first Thursday of the month.
- May: Remember Ben Clayton by Stephen Harrigan
- June: Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
- July: Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver
- August: Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
Steamy Reads Bookclub
Read and discuss a new steamy romance over a steamy coffee/tea/cocoa and sweets. Meets the first Wednesday of each month at 6pm.
- February: Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
- March: Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean
- April: Corralled by Lorelei James
- May: Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter
- June: His at Night by Sherry Thomas (Author Sherry Thomas will attend!)
- July: Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- August: Laid Bare by Lauren Dane
- September: Hot Head by Damon Suede
Clueless Mysteries Bookclub
Come share your sleuthing skills and solve the mystery with us. Meets the third Sunday of the month at 3pm.
- May: Creole Belle by James Lee Burke
- June: The Silent Girl by Tess Gerritsen
- July: The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
- August: The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins