Library News for July 5, 2013
Once Upon a Summer-
June 1 through August 10, 2013
- Picture Book Level: Track how many picture books your child reads, or you read with your child throughout the summer to earn prizes!
Book Level (ages 5-10): Track how many pages you read throughout the
summer to earn prizes! Turn in a log every 500 pages.
- Tweens & Teens (ages 10+): Track how many pages you read throughout the summer to earn prizes! Turn in a log every 500 pages.
- Adults (ages 18+): Track how many pages you read throughout the summer to earn prizes! Turn in a log every 500 pages.
Grand prizes will be awarded to top readers at the Movie in the Park event on August 10th.
|Flying Theater Machine presents:
||Saturday, July 13th at 11am:
Join us for kid-oriented improv, where the audience participates with suggestions, sound effects, and acting! Fairly Silly Fairy Tales takes some of your favorite fairy tales, and finds new ways to mix them up – with the help of the audience. You never know what will happen until the end! These are stories like no others because you help create them. In fact, you might even end up in the show! This free program will be a blast for the entire family, but especially for ages four to ten. Seating is limited and on a first-come basis.
This week's programs and events:
Friday, July 5: No Children's Programs
Saturday, July 6:
- 10:30am Power Point Intermediate
- 11am French Storytime
- 1pm Chess Club
Sunday, July 7:
Monday, July 8:
- 10:30am Baby Bookworms (ages 0-18 months)
- 11:15am Baby Bookworms (ages 12-24 months)
Tuesday, July 9:
- 6pm Storytime and Craft
- 7pm Storytime and Craft
Wednesday, July 10:
- 5pm Fairy Tale Fun
- 6pm Arts and Crafts
- 6pm Excel Intermediate
Thursday, July 11:
- 6pm Board Games
- 7pm YA for Grown Ups Book Club: The Grimm Legacy
- 7pm WWW Book Club: Rebecca
Friday, July 12:
- 10:30am Toddler Storytime
- 11:15am Preschool Storytime
Saturday, July 13:
- 11am Flying Theater Machine
- 1pm Social Media Workshop
Sunday, July 14:
- Read to Maggie the Reading Dog (by appointment)